Friday, September 08, 2006

"The Happiest Baby on the Block"

So I had a mom to be asked me what this book is about because she was not happy with her infant care class from Kaiser, so here are the basics.

There really is no such thing as colic it is just that babies needs are not meet early on (in the first 3 months of life...AKA the fourth trimester). In this book it talks about 5 S's how to do them and put them together for a happy baby. S's are swaddling, swinging (movement), Shushing, suckling, and side (or stomach). I think that if you read the book and discuss key points with your husband this is effective (just as effective as the DVD) because you will be setting the examples and doing most of the child care anyway. This is what I did and it worked great.
Not to mention the book is only $6.99 vs. the DVD is $15 :)

This book and my Ergo carrier were the best baby investments for me.

No comments: