Friday, October 23, 2015

Honest Shakeology Review and Comparison to WarriorForce Warrior Food Extreme


First you should know I am only an average person. I love some good quality dark chocolate and the occasional twix and kitkat. 

This week I tried a few samples of Shakeology. I have been doing the 21 Day Fix since June and using WarriorForce Warrior Food Extreme. (see 3 posts ago). 


Here is Vanilla Shakeology 



And here is Vegan Chocolate Shakeology



And here is WarriorForce Warrior Food Extreme Chocolate 


So let's read those labels:
Vanilla Shakeology 130 calories, 2 g of fat, 200 mg of sodium, 7 g of sugar
Vegan Chocolate Shakeology 170 calories, 4 g of fat, 250 mg of sodium, 8 g of sugar
WarriorForce Chocolate 83 calories, no measurable fat, 6.6 mg of sodium, 1 g of sugar

All 3 have 16 grams of protein per serving. 

Did I mention you can rest assured that the fructose in Shakeology is non-GMO, but nothing mentioned of anything else. WarriorForce Warrior Food....lets just say, they have gone the extra mile.  

Shakeology is $130 for a 30 servings or $5 per serving trial packet.
WarriorForce is $60 for 40 servings or $25 for 10 servings. 

Taste Summary (my random thoughts immediately after finishing them).
Chocolate Shakeology like chocolate milk only sweeter. Has a strong after taste.
Strawberry Shakeology a little fruity VERY sweet. Too much yet tangy after taste. Like a cheap berry lollipop. 
Vegan Strawberry Shakeology too sweet but less after taste than the regular strawberry. A little more chalkier. 
Vanilla Shakeology the best so far. No after taste tastes like vanilla tapioca pudding, still too sweet though. 
Vegan Chocolate Shakeology. Ties with Vanilla on taste. Sweet needs something to dull it down or dilute it.
WarriorForce Warrior Food Extreme Vanilla Plus. Chalkier than Shakeology not as sweet.
WarriorForce Warrior Food Extreme Chocolate Plus. Strong Cinnamon taste. Not very sweet. Good with coconut water or milk.  

Summary
Now that I tried Shakeology for 5 days I can't wait to get back to my WarriorForce Warrior Food protein mix. Maybe had I started with Shakeology when I had a bigger sweet tooth months ago I would have been hooked on it (Stevia, found in all Shakeologies, is addicting like sugar but confuses the body with its low glycemic number.) I really like the ability to control my own sweeter if needed and I don't want a bunch of extra stuff thrown in, nor do I want to use over 100 calories on a protein mix or liquid meal. There are so many great whole snack foods I don't want to miss out on. I want to continue to strive for balance.



No comments: