Monday, July 12, 2010

It must be hard to be a man

Yes a venting session....feel free to skip.

Background: We spend $1500 a month on food/clothing and we are trying to cut down and make sure there is no waste. DH has several techy wants (iphone, laptop, and our TV has been struggling) and we could always use extra money to do little improvements on the house.

Yesterday I needed 7-8 things from the store and I wrote it out to the detail (2 gallons of a specific brand of milk because most others taste awful, a watermelon, 5 limes, cheese, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, optional as it was Z's request for pizza, and a chocolate candy bar for me.) I was going to go and it would have taken me all of 20 minutes. My husband insisted on going. He was gone for an hour and a half. Should have totaled $30-40.

I called him an hour and 20 minutes in and asked him if he was doing okay and coming home soon. He said, "I had to go to lots of stores." To which I reply, I thought you would just go to the store 5 minutes away that had everything. Next time mama will just go."

Come to find out he was on the phone with his mom too (long distance) so that is why he was so short with me. (Usually he just says, I am on the other line, I'll be home in 10 minutes.)

He comes back with a 30 lbs watermelon (we struggle to eat 15lbs before it goes bad), a box of croissants, a huge bag of rolls, another smaller bag of french bread, salsa, 3 gallons of milk that tastes like cardboard (because of the container the company uses and he knows this from our past experiences), mushrooms, 3 limes, sundried tomatoes, a huge box of ritz crackers, jalapeno, and 5 lbs of cheese (that we also agreed not to use anymore because it contains hormones). He easily spent $100.

When I saw all the food I was upset. I just spend $125 on food two days ago and now he just spent another $100 mostly on stuff we didn't need and other stuff nobody wants. Now he is feeding the kids croissants while the cherries I bought, the salad I made all go bad. When he saw I was upset, he said, if you don't like it don't eat it. So I didn't.

I was busy uploading pictures last night (since the grandma's have been requesting it for a month) and husband was busy in the kitchen making pizza. He says, I need help. I say, okay I need to finish this up and then I will come help. I get in the kitchen and he used all the plates for cutting up pizza toppings (instead of the cutting board like we normally do) and there were no plates for dinner and we wanted me to stand there and wash them all.

Seriously! I can't stand for more than 5 minutes without being in pain. I have one girl lip that is always 2-3 times bigger than the other. And I am no wimp....2 unmedicated child births and honestly the last one didn't hurt until it was time to get the head out.

He cleaned up after himself last night which was awesome and I thanked him for (he usually just leaves it all for me.) He started the kids to bed, but then was really pissy and short with them, so I took over and sent him away.

This morning I try to talk to him. So I go out to the garage to let him know my side. It started out cool, but then he tried his guilt trip of....I was just trying to help. This is the same BS the 16 year old gives when he just what he wants to do to help and doesn't do what he is asked to do. My husband continue tries to say he is just trying to help and I told him yes and I thanked you for the kitchen and I explained to him why he should have not bought all that food to which he replied don't eat it then.

He just starts backing out of the garage, not willing to find a happy ending to the conversation. Just being stubborn and blaming me for getting upset at him, not taking any of the responsibility himself so I punch his hood. I am fuming. Why must he always run away without taking any responsibility. Then I punch the garage door. Then I move all his food downstairs including the 30 lb water melon. He is going to eat all his shit and no one else is going to help him.

Poor him....booo freaking hoo...

Ironically I know he is just being pissy because he hasn't had sex in a long time and it looks like it won't happen anytime in the next 3 months. Let's see your left ball swell up 2 times bigger than normal and tell me how that makes you feel.

No comments: