Monday, July 12, 2010

Graco Turbo Booster Roanoke


Now that Z is 4 years old I moved her to a booster car seat. You know it is about time when they start buckling and unbuckling the car seat and they are over 40" and very close to 40lbs.

It also helped because her brother outgrew his car seat so it was time for everyone to do an upward shift.

I was just going to get her a generic Graco Turbo booster for $50 at Target or online but then when I saw it it just looked uncomfortable. If we only did local trips it would be a great seat, but I am sure there will be a few 800 mile trips done using this seat so I decided to keep looking for something a little better but still under $100.

Reviews online said the Roanoke model had better padding and an added pillow as well as the ability to recline a bit. Z and I went to Toys R Us and checked it out. I pulled a few seats off of the shelf and let her try them out and sure enough she liked the Roanoke the best.

It has an extra pillow at the head and an extra pillow at the back, both are removal able. The seat also is a little more padded than some of it's cheaper counter parts. It also has EPS foam, on the reviews it was debatable for the cheaper counterparts. At 4o" Z uses the seat on the 2nd to lowest setting. The seat itself says it goes from 38" - 57" and 30-100lbs.

Z is now happy and excited so we are all happy. Now I am just going to be that paranoid mom the double checks her daughters seat belt all the time :)

No comments: