Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mama rediscovered an old trick

G (almost 2 years old) still wakes up around midnight. In effort to recover my sleep, I decided to try taking him potty at 10pm when I take his older sister (almost 4), who is potty trained. Sure enough half way asleep G went pee in the toilet and went back to sleep (quicker than normal) and sleep through the night.

The good news is, if this works I can start getting 8 hours of sleep (more or less) again. The bad news is, this only confirms that I need to officially potty train G.

I am ready for my babies to grow up in some ways, but one full on reading and the other potty trained, I feel like they will be in high school all too soon.

Last night while squatting down to pick up the toilet ring (for G), I smushed baby and knew it. Sure enough, I crawl back into bed and felt major movements below my pelvic bone. Let's just say I have never felt anything that low until the last month. So at 10:30 my husband was sleeping and I was trying to help baby move back up.

No comments: