Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Facebook

The funniest thing ever.

There is a "Christian" on my friends list. I reply to what the person described, saying Islam has the same thing.

I get a reply, no it is different. I said, it means this in Islam...

No, no, no...it is different you can't say that....

Well how is it different?

To which my father jumps in (obviously mad) with some random garbage that doesn't make any sense what so ever trying to attack me.

Some point in here, "Christian" person tells my brother...your sister is picking on me...or something like that. Then his wife states that there is a "mini-war" going on at "Christian" persons page her her status.

Back to "Christian" persons page. I reply with the exact word translation and tell him, you should educate yourself and ask other Arabic speakers.

To which "Christian" replies, "You are no longer on the path God designed for you. God loves you. I'll pray for you."

So I am just ROFL by now and reply, Why are you judging my relationship with God? All I did was tell you another religion has the same thing and gave you a definition?


I really really believe church is a complete failure. I believe any religious leader that tells you how to interpret God's word is only doing more harm than good, provided that people can read and have a brain.

I believe God wants to slap us silly for being so judgemental and waging wars against all the true seekers of God (not the crazy people that claim.) I also believe that by learning more I only get closer to God and gain more understanding.

With that said...
This is a fantastic video (on Quantum Physics) that reminds me how simple we really are and gives me more understanding as to how God must see us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VS1mwEV9wA

1 comment:

PamBo said...

Your post reminds me that most "Christians" are NOT. Most so-called religious people are NOT. How can you say you believe in God when you chastise others for THEIR belief in THEIR God.
YOu need to watch a documentary series called, "Myths and Legends"
It's all about how religions came to be from the stories handed down through time. Oddly enough, all religions are very similar--Native American beliefs, Buddah's, Muslims, Christians, etc.
Anyway, the argument you protray in your blog reminded me of my cousin-in-law. He and his wife are "missionaries" that go to third world countries and convert the poor lost souls to the Christian blief system. (ha!)
They were home visiting and we all got into a debate obout religion (my husband is an atheist). Whoo-boy! There was some yelling, etc. My husband went outside to cool off. I asked the cousin, "If there was an athesist, a Buddah, a Muslim, a CAtholic, a Native American and others of ALL beliefs in the room here, what would you do? Would you try to convert them, or would you just simple learn about their beliefs and then respect them as they would respect your beliefs?"
He looked me dead in the eye and said, "No. I would NOT respect their beliefs, because I AM RIGHT. My God is the ONLY one,and they are wrong."
I got up and left, too.
Anyone who cannot respect another and what they believe, is wrong.
Keep up the explanatiions, girl. People need to know that we really aren't that much different...it's just the idiots with the power who try to make us angry at each other.
There are more of us than them.....