Monday, May 03, 2010

Welcome to May

This is the month I turn 30. Scary in a way because I remember my parents turning 30, but not so scary because many have gone before me. :)

I think I figured out I am so tired. I am always in watch dog mode. My senses are heightened and every little creak, shuffle in bed, every smell, it wakes me.

My husband says, take it easy, you need to rest more, stop pushing yourself. Then with the next breath, Can you help me? I need you to...., You really should get _____ done.

We worked in the yard yesterday. He comes in and sits down and says, "I need to rest." I am hurting, we will say "feeling pressure" but I still needed to change over laundry, fold it, and clean up after breakfast. I then ask if he is making dinner. "Yeah, if someone cleans the bowl and measuring cup." So I take care of that too.

On top of that he was pissed all day at me because I cut him off from a story because we had to part ways in the morning. We were double parked, running late, and I told him to keep talking and keep moving and he refused. To which I replied, what can't walk and chew gum at the same time? So he was pissed all day over the comment. YES ALL DAY.

Men could never handle being pregnant, let alone giving birth or breast feeding. They would just hire a surrogate mother or ask for a c-section at the first sign of morning sickness, and formula feed without even trying.

2 comments:

Steve said...

I agree that your husband is acting quite inconsiderate, but you shouldn't generalize men that way. There have been men have endured getting their arms and legs blown off defending their loved ones; there have been men who endured years of arduous, back-breaking work in labor camps for the faint hope of freedom; and men who have been tortured to the brink of insanity and did not break in order to protect dangerous secrets. I think at least some of us can handle pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding.

Om Zuzu said...

How about sharp little teeth chewing on your most sensative part so that your skin breaks and you get blisters. And dispite the pain and open wounds you continue to allow it about 10-15 times a day for about 2 weeks. How about passing something weighing 6-10lbs and having it tear you on the way out. Only thing is women do it all willingly out of love, not for survival or because they have no other choice (at least in more modern times.)