Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A new day

I think I got all my tears out yesterday and today is a new day. My baby will be fine and apparently I will have the largest placenta on record. After searching the thickest on record was 42mm plus or minus 6mm. This made me realise not to get to upset because plus or minus 6mm shows the margin of error. Roughly 15%. So my placenta could be anywhere from 39mm to 53mm. Why can't doctors just straight up tell you...and our error margin is x%. It is like telling the woman, you are having a 12lbs child but not telling them....oh but we could be off by 2-3 lbs. That 2-3 lbs can make a difference. All of this reminds me why I really don't like doctors. Yes, they can save your life, but they can also make you needlessly worry yourself to the grave.

So the high risk doctor recommends, protein, folic acid, and baby tylenol. Protein and folic acid to maximize the baby's nutrients and tylenol to make sure that the blood does not clot in the placenta. Some of my research also suggested rest. The livers which send nutrients to the placenta function best when you are resting on your left side. My husband and I both agree that more rest would not hurt and could be my problem. I have had 8 hours of consecutive of sleep 3 times since getting pregnant.

Here is the frustrating part. My husband told me last night he would help so I could sleep. G goes thump and rolls out of bed, and starts crying. My husband didn't even stir. We have a baby monitor in our room and their room is right next to ours...and he still did not hear it???

I am also going to try to drink more water. I currently drink about 2-3 glasses a day and 3-4 glasses of milk. Well that is great and all but, but consider I only drank the same amount when spending 3-4 hours outside manually mowing a half acre of grass. Why you say, do I do it because if I don't my husband probably wouldn't. Ironically he is the one who wanted at least an acre....he can't even handle what he has.

So this week my goal is more water, more rest, more protein, and a little bit of tylenol everyday. Then I go to get to the store and get some folic acid.

2 comments:

~M~ said...

I'm so relieved to hear that everything will be ok.
Take care of yourself and I hope you get some relief soon.

rewind said...

Glad I came across your blog. I am pregnant also. And I think this blog is a brilliant idea.
I will definitely follow!
Please follow me too..
Oh and as somebody who is 37 weeks....it gets better.... I wish!!