Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It has come to this

I don't know if I should be sad or relieved.

My father has basically disowned me. I was raised Christian and let's just say I took the Bible to heart and read it several times as a teen. I did not agree with the church because not a single one of them follows the bible. They all take & choose what they need and leave the rest. When you start to see the real truth, people don't like you because you are challenging the familiar.

If you truly believe the bible you learn to "Trust in the Lord God with all your heart, lean not on your own understandings. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths."
Ever really try to live like that? Don't worry, trust in God when things happen that you don't understand?

It is no secret that I married a Muslim man. However, he is not just any man. He is the best man I have ever known. He treats me better than I deserve. My father has never tried to see past "muslim." He has always been racist, so it is no shocker. However now he feels it is his duty to post the latest anti-Islamic thing he can find on facebook daily. All of it has to do with Islam and all Muslims being from the devil or how it is trying to take over the world.
I told him, we know he has a strong opinion, but he only does harm when posting these lies.

Now he has removed me from being his "friend" and continues to post directing them toward me and my lack of "knowledge" about Islam for all to see. Why because he is not smart enough to use the privacy settings.

I am sad that my mother will be the only grandparent my children truly know and spend time with. I pray God keeps her with us for at least another 20 years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What your father is doing is both sad and wrong. I feel for you deeply. No matter the race or religious views we are all Human Beings! Blood on the inside and skin on the outside. God created each and every one of us. Stay positive and like you said.. trust in God :]

km said...

</3
touching post.

Stranger said...

Greetings from northen Sweden.

I hope your father is intelligent enough to be reasoned with by you some time.
People like him are much more dangerous than you might think.


(P.S If a swedish person would seriously write such things on her/his facebook wall – 99% of that person's friends would end their friendship with her/him.)