Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Basement

We have a MIL unit in our basement. Friday Z & G went down stairs and found water on the ground in their play area. Z immediately comes up and tells me. I open the door to the MIL unit and immediately find soggy carpet. I few more steps and I find the source. A pipe in the ceiling is leaking down creating a bubble on the wall and of coarse it has to be dripping on my husband's grandmother's furniture. I shut off the water ASAP and spent the rest of the afternoon/evening on the phone.

So here we are a few days later. The pipe is repaired and parts of the basement/MIL unit is gutted down to the studs. Now I get to spend time with insurance and hope we can get it back the way it was in the next month.

I think my husband is taking this harder than I am. I understand, these things happen. (Apparently even to cooper pipes that are only 22 years old.) He has never had to repair a home.

No comments: