Friday, September 17, 2010

Not so quick trip

Call me crazy....
10 days after having M I loaded up the car and drove the family to Cali. M had been in 3 states before she was even 2 weeks old. I had help both ways and it was uneventful.

I only spent 12 hours at my SIL's and by hour 7 I was ready to take my kids and run out the door. She went from sitting on her bum studying her room to yelling at her kids in 3 seconds. One was cooking dinner, "How come you aren't cooking dinner faster!!!!" What's wrong with you!" (Uh because dinner is still 2 hours away.) "Why did you run the dishwasher when it wasn't full!! Are you dumb?" (Uh, because every plate, cup, and silverware we own is dirty and we need them for dinner.) Her children were running the house and doing a good job at it and all she did was bitch. Seriously maybe I am missing something but I have no idea what she would have done differently that her kids didn't do.

I love my SIL, but she needs to find balance in her life because it is seriously missing and she isn't helping herself or her kids right now. I guess she was just raised in a way that she only had to focus on one thing at a time and feels over whelmed dealing with more than one thing on her plate?

No comments: