Monday, January 12, 2009

What to do...

My parents are only 51. They are already loosing their short term memory. I wasn't planning on their care being my main concern until they were at least 60. This was supposed to be my time to have babies and their time to enjoy them. We did everything right, my mother had me when she was 22 and I still have a couple of years until I am 30.

I'd like to think I could handle 3 people with mental illness, but I am no super woman. I am a simple mom of 2 hoping to have 2 more children and buy a house.

What a mess this is. So on one side we have my sister in law and her 3 children and on the other side there are my parents and my brother that will need more care in the next couple of years.

All of this "drama" makes me feel like we need to just step away and realize that my husband and I are only two people and we can't help everyone.

We gave my sister in law enough tips to keep her kids out of trouble (when they were asked for), but if she chooses to ignore them, there is not much we can do.
I don't want to have any regrets with our own children, and the week my nephew was here they did take the back seat to him and his studies and that may be why we are having sleeping problems with Z. She seems to be more insecure and she only sleeps well in our room since the nephew left.

Ugh...my mother. Her brain is shutting off every few days for an hour or two. She wanted to drive and pick up a rental Saturday. I said, no. As I type this she tells me she is going to drive to the doctors by herself on Friday. I told her no. She can not afford another accident.

Why do most things that matter have to be such a struggle....

No comments: