Friday, January 23, 2009

70-80% sure

that we will be taking in a before mentioned teenager this summer. His mom can't handle him and his younger siblings are tired of listening to him and his mother fight. My husband tells me it is because she never allowed him to grow up. You think??!!!?? At 15 years old he still likes to ride in the shopping carts at Costco and have someone push him (not fast and crazy like a teenager, but like we do my 2 year old.) He is more afraid of the dark than my two year old. I wish I was exaggerating. I am worried about having a teenager and his influence on my children, but I am hoping to nip a few things in the butt right away so I don't hear my 2 year old cussing.

We turned in the offer on the house yesterday. It was a low ball offer but I got an appraisal from an agent that had already seen the house and our offer was right on. However the owners said it was so low they weren't even willing to counter offer. (They obviously didn't see the news about 1400 people getting laid off 5 miles up the road yesterday.) So now the hunt continues. Looks like we will be moving out of here and into a 3 bedroom house even if we have to rent. I am excited about that part, but with the price of rent and the price of buying so close, I hope we find an even better house in the next 2 weeks.

No comments: