Monday, January 12, 2009

Cloth Diaper Troubles

My son has sensitive skin. Cloth diapers were working well until November. Now I just can't get them clean enough and I have little or no sun to put them in to help.

I am having trouble with the Bum Genius pocket diapers. They rub the skin off his hips now that he is all over the place and spends time sitting up. They stink (like ammonium) when he pees, and they are stained. I have done my research and tried everything, short of the sun.

Why does using cloth diapers have to be such a pain in the butt? Why can't I just wash them and use them. It shouldn't require chemistry.

I have 2 FuzziBunz diapers that I like still but they don't get as much use as the others. I know in time I will switch to FuzziBunz (since Bum Genius' one size doesn't fit bigger toddlers), but for now I am frustrated with the money I invested and the way the diapers are interacting with my son.

No comments: