Thursday, March 27, 2008

Birthing Center

I gained 8 lbs in 3 weeks. I could tell I had two growth spurts (by looking at the tummy) but I had no idea...

The birth center is 20 minutes from home. I did my GD test and I know I passed that and they checked my iron and I am not so sure that is doing well. I was happy they did that because it is being proactive vs. my OB who would have waited until I complained about something to check or just let me deliver and see what happens.

I am glad I didn't do a birthing center for Z, it would have been fine, but I think a first time mom needs more direction and care a little longer. (They will send me home 5 hours after birth. I would birth at home but the closest hospital if I needed one is about 30 minutes away, vs. 5-10 from the birthing center.)

No comments: