Thursday, August 19, 2010

Should have trusted my gut

A, the 16 year old has been up to all his old tricks since March. If you recall my husband caught him smoking weed in a parking lot back then. He busted him, slapped him. A was very remorseful and shook up for a couple of days.
Yesterday I do A's laundry. I find first a lighter, than eye drops.

First story, "I just have eye drops cause a girl I work with smokes pot and I had some extra I was sharing." Clearly a lie, because he had no eye drops that I or anyone else bought him, so why would he have them just laying around.

Second story, "I just had a lighter because like a month ago I use to smoke cigarettes, but I stopped now and have it all under control." Booo hooo and lots of tears and sob story about how we don't trust him.

Story number 3, "I have been smoking pot since March. I have a problem but I have no motivation to change." No tears.

Now here are some questions for you. How does a 16 year old with no money, get money to buy all this? Who is he stealing from or is he just dealing again? Guess what, I would bet money he is dealing again.

If he is stupid enough to bring a lighter and eye drops in my house, where is the weed?

Golly, Gee...no wonder he brought his big knife back from his mom's house. He needs to feel safe while dealing with the people he is dealing with. My husband wrote it off instead of confiscating it.

Why the hell does my husband think A is remorseful when he clearly is not. A would love to get off drugs but really doesn't see why or how he should do this. Until he is motivated to stop smoking pot he won't and things will only get worse for us all until he is back where he was.

I straight up told my husband you can't raise your children around someone that messed up and then pretend to be shocked when your children do the same thing later. I am not willing to sacrifice my children because I am busy trying to help A. Everything comes at a price and this is not a price I am willing to pay. I told him think it over and choose, so that I don't have to. In other words, he can choose to work with A for the next year or 2 and we can cut our ties, or he can choose to continue living with his children.

Really, don't ever get in between a mama and her babies. She will do whatever it takes as long as her babies are protected.

I really want to just pack up the car and get out, my gut tells me to do it now, my body says you are going to have this baby any day, you can't just get up and leave. Then my gut says, okay then just get a local hotel until this baby is born. Seriously I need to get him on the next plane out of here and save myself the headache.

No comments: