Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Amon Maternity Support


I got one of these. Amon Maternity Support Belt. When I wear pants with good under belly support I am usually semi-comfortable, but when I wear sweats without any support I know it, especially if I spend some time on my feet.

I like that this keeps my belly covered, by kid #3 no one wants to see your big belly covered in stretch marks. I like that it helps support the belly just enough to allow me to get done what I need to get done. I like that it is thin so there are no lines under your shirts.

I wish it was made out of cotton/spandex instead of nylon/spandex. I wish that the back provided a little more support. (I don't have a problem with that, but I think it would be really nice, but then again, maybe not so comfortable that way.) I am not sure if I like it coming up over my entire belly. I may just start to wear it folded up on the bottom. The top band could be a little looser, it does leave a little mark after a few hours.

It does run true to (pre-pregnancy) size. My non-pregnant size is a 2 and despite looking like 30 weeks pregnant, a small fits me fine.

1 comment:

Just said...

Wow that's really interesting. What does it do? I guess as well as covering the bum it helps your back a little as well? Can they prevent stretch marks? I think you're right about the fabric types. Cotton would be more gentle on the skin. Maybe you could design your own!