Monday, March 15, 2010

16 weeks

I thought by 16 weeks I would be feeling good. I thought I would have some energy back and maybe not so easily disgusted. The baby has obviously been kicking for the last two weeks and twitching long before that. With all of this information we are guessing it is a girl, but we will probably be wrong, since we always are. :)
I really want to continue my tap dance lessons into June, but I seriously doubt I will be able to. I can't imagine being able to tie my shoes in another 2 months.

While I was typing this. G took off his pants and diaper and went pee by himself. Z dressed herself aside from putting on the dress (over her pants and shirt.)

I want to continue to homeschool Z, but she really wants to go to school. They are finishing a brand new elementary school this summer and she is excited about being able to go their and make new friends. Sign ups are in less than a year. I feel like I still have so much to teach her in the next year. I really want her reading easy first grade books, doing basic addition, writing phonetically, tying her own shoes and I am sure there are many more things. As I understand it, Kindergarten is a half day here, and a full day if you pay for the extra tuition. Not attending the full day drastically lowers your child's chance of not being 1st grade ready. That is really messed up when you consider we live in the 2nd or 3rd best school district in the state.

The 16 year old supposedly came to reality last Wednesday or Thursday. I have been making him walk home from school (2 miles uphill) and that gives him plenty of time to think about things. Of course Friday, he was "so sorry" and just wanted me to start picking him up from school again. I told him I would play it by ear.
Saturday was okay, Sunday he started going back to his old ways. Not as bad, but for sure slipping. He was only disrespectful once or twice...
This morning he asked again about the ride. I told him I would play it by ear and for sure pick him up once or twice this week.

After the 16 year olds melt down, his mother freaked out. "Oh my poor baby! I need to be with him. He is depressed." My husband said, finally reality has hit him. He should be depressed. He has been treating people like sh1t for years. Let's have his mother come (and her other kids, one a menace and one a poor me cry baby, both old enough not to be.) The good news is, we have the basement and it is only for 3-4 days. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can get them outside.

Life keeps on testing me.

1 comment:

krenae0910 said...

16 weeks and an awfully active baby? My son was like that, and he's been kicking like crazy since that first one in my belly. [: My mom says my sister and I were chill babies, while my brothers drove her insane, kicking her all the time. But, alas, just my family. [: Good luck! Let us know when you find out. [: