Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Scamming ...

So we moved in March out of state so I canceled the car policy (since CSAA only covers you while living in CA.) They said okay we will get the refund check out to you at the end of the month.

I got busy and called back in May, they said check is going out on May 31st. Had Gibo called end of June, some other lame excuse, called July they said oh we sent it to your old address but we will cancel that check & send to your new address. (A obvious lie because; all mail is automatically fwd here and it never showed, I changed my mailing address to the current one before canceling the policy so why would they have sent it to the old one????)
I call today 1st call I wait, she comes back says it the re-issued check was mailed on the 28th (July) and then CSAA drops the call. I immediatly call back go through the maze of "press 1 for..." and instead of picking up I get a Buzz buzz...yeah guess what that means. I call back again get a new person he says it was mailed on 28th again & repeats my current address back to me minus the apartment #. "Opps!"

I find this entertaining because the post office can still deliver because it doesn't take an IQ to match the last name which is written inside the box so if they had received it, it would have been delivered or returned to CSAA by now. All the other times the CSAA people repeated my mailing address correctly WITH the apartment #.

To make matters more entertaining I went through somethig very similar with my old OBs billing department. Our medical insurence use to cut us a check to pay for bills and I made the mistake of mentioning this and her voice perked up & she wanted to know how much. Didn't tell her, but that lead to a similar string of events & her wanting me to pay over the phone without recieving the bill.Did she think I was stupid???

Makes me wonder if billing departments are starting to try to scam people and how many people have become the latest prey.

No comments: