Monday, July 28, 2008

Mmmmmm...good

I have to share, cause my dinner was that good (I was tempted to lick the plate.)



Chicken breast marinated in Annies Organic balsamic raspberry dressing(I think that is the brand) for a day. Cooked 350 till no longer pink.

Basmeti rice (cooked with chicken broth or knorr chicken bullion cube already dissolved in water.)

Veggies
Half a decent size onion coarsely chopped and lightly sauteed in a little bit of butter
Half a bag (I think about 5 oz) of frozen corn
Half a bag of frozen peas
Half a can of tomato paste
1/4 to 1/2 a cup of water
2-3 shakes of garlic powder
about 1/2 teaspoon of all spice (you want to be able to smell it a little even after you stirred it in)
salt & pepper to taste

Let simmer stirring occasionally. You want a nice thick pasta sauce consistency.

Serve veggies over rice.



You can substitute the peas & corn with almost any veggie. We always to this with okra (just cook the okra until it is breaking up, mushy, sticky before adding the tomato paste) and peas and carrots. I think my MIL even does it with spinage and it is delicious. You could also change the rice broth flavor if you were having it with beef.


.....and this is how we get picky eaters to eat veggies in our (extended) family. :)


No comments: