Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A good resource

(Bought from Amazon


I just got this book and it is fantastic so I had to share. I want to spend more time on focused instruction for Zuzu since I will be home schooling her until she is at least 7. This book designed more for a 3 year olds classroom setting but can be easily adapted.

It is organized by theme. For Zuzu I am going to start on shapes. It gives art and craft activities, snacks, science, music, sensory, movement actives, a few other topics and then a list of books that also work nicely with the unit. If you are a teacher it even has a letter you can send home to parents introducing the topic and the things that will be covered.

I have to order a few supplies before starting but nothing unusual. The book does make me wish Zuzu had her own space or we had a nice yard to set up a small work station/table.

I bought the book itself from Amazon. I shopped around and with (no) shipping it was only about 50 cents more than the cheapest place. Also note this is the 5th edition. If you are on a budget I am sure the older editions would work just as well.

No comments: