Tuesday, April 29, 2008

2 nights in a row

Zuzu has transitioned to her own bed in her own room.

When we moved here she spent the first week to 10 days with mama and baba co-sleeping at night. Then she spent 2 weeks on her crib mattress on the floor and mama sleeping next to her on the air mattress. The second week was on and off. (She cries mama goes in and comforts her and then sleeps there for a while.)
Then her big girl bed got set up. For about a week mama slept on the floor next to her on and off (comes in when she is upset usually about an hour at 1 am and then 5am to wake up at 6:30am.) Upon waking up we would go in and wake up or find baba.
Then I took down the air mattress all together. For a week or two I would still go in when ever she needed me and snuggle with her in her bed. As time went on over the next two weeks she needed me less and less and would come wake us up at 6:30.

Naps during the whole transition followed the same pattern as night time. If she needed me I was there. If she didn't need me I was doing my own thing. The last two weeks I let her get up on her own when she is ready and I meet her at the top of the stairs or let her stand at the top and call for "mama" before coming.

It was a long and slow transition (especially) being pregnant and trying to get up from an air mattress but if it works, it was all worth it.

No comments: