Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"what's going on in there?"

I am reading this book by Lise Eliot, PH.D. It is a must read in my opinion. It is not an easy read (think back to college) but it is very informative.

So far I have learned that movement (being carried by mama or bouncing in a jumper) is important for brain development and the ability to walk later.I learned the hearing and seeing get worse before it gets better around 6 weeks of age, so this would explain why my child was so fussy and I felt so helpless to calm her. Ear infections are more common in boys and 40% more likely if the child is around 2nd hand smoke. Also it talks about the different things that effect IQ and gives supporting evidence to all of these things.

I am only half way though the book, but I hope to finish it this month :)

No comments: