Monday, February 09, 2015

Tracking Life and Expenses

     
     I am a stay at home mom and a homeschooling mom. My husband always asks me what I did with my day.  Most days it is a little bit of everything and yet it feels like nothing. I decided to buy a planner to keep track of my days and to set goals for myself.

    I looked at the "Passion Planner", everything on Etsy, everything on Amazon. I looked at $100 planners and planners I could print myself. I narrowed it down to two. Then I just went for the one that would fit in my backpack/purse.





I won't go into all the details, but I feel a little bit more organized and when my husband asks what I did today, now I can show him. I track meals, activities, exercise, chores, homeschooling lessons, books I have read, and finances.

So what exactly did I spend for January for a family of 6 (eating organic food.)

Grocery Stores - $1431
Costco - $481
Clothes/Shoes - $397 
Lessons and Activities - $320
Gas - $84
Entertainment/Eating out - $133

Total - $2846

Yes, that was a "cheap" month because I pay for some activities every 3 months and we didn't have 2 of our activities during the month of January.  Just wait until you see next month..... 






No comments: