Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I just want a chance to be me

   My children (and I) have been a part of Music Together for 7 years. I love it, I know it like the back of my hand. It combines my two loves: music and children. I took a class so I could teach it. I dreamed of teaching as soon as all 3 of my kids returned to school or got close enough that I could figure it out. That would have been this upcoming school year. 
    I had not thought about it in 6 months. Today I get an email letting me know the branch of Music Together that I love and have been attending 6/7 years, is hiring and if interested I should contact them. Talk about being torn. My dream job or homeschool my children. Yes I want to cry. 
    I just want a chance to be me. I never wanted to be super mom...okay well maybe I did, but I want/ed to be more than that. I want to be part of something. I want to do something I enjoy. I want to un-tether myself from my job as a mom and just spend 4 hours a week being a 30-something woman who loves music and children. :(
 

No comments: