Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Searching

In the last month I have realized that I belong to no religion. I believe in God. I pray daily.

I was raised mainstream Christian. Usually belonging to a Pentecostal/ Assembly of God Church. I sang in every choir I could, since I was 5 years old, until I was 20. I must have read the Bible cover to cover at least 5 times, knew where every book in the Bible was and had over 20 scriptures memorized. Every time I read the Bible though I saw things in black in white that mainstream Christianity (and my local churches) ignored. (They actually ignored selective parts of the Bible.) But I was happy and I had my Christian family.

From 21-23...boys. At 24 I married a Muslim. His version of Islam seem to fit me, but mainstream Islam did not.

In the last month I discovered that mainstream Islam does not follow the Qur' an. It follow the Hadiths. Books/Stories written 300 years after the Qur'an. Upon further searching I found a small group of that follow the Qur'an but not the Hadiths. So far I have found a fit. They are called Qurainists or Qur'an Alone-ists.

Islam = Peace that comes from Submission to God.

I find the Qu'ran works with the Bible, and together so many things are re-confirmed.

So now am trying to re-read the Qur'an (in English). I am good with submitting to God. Just don't try to put me and my God in a manmade box.

No comments: