Friday, May 20, 2011

Too much

According to one man (or maybe a group of men) the rapture is to occur. Sure we would all like to know when, where, what, who, but really I think if you get wrapped up in this you miss the point.
Should we all be prepared for a disaster sure, but not because of a man's words, but because we are intelligent beings that wish to survive or increase our chance of survival given the small chance that there is a disaster.
I do not know what tomorrow brings or what next week brings. I only know that I am blessed to have a family that loves me and raised me the best they could, a husband who loves me and does his best to care and support our children and myself, and my beautiful children.
There are more nights than not, when I wish I could sleep with my 3 children and my husband in my arms. However, I have learned 3 kids and 2 adults in a queen bed just doesn't allow anyone to sleep. :)

Life really is so short. I wish I would have believed my parents when I was growing up. So many things to learn and put into practice and so little time.

I turn 31 very soon. I feel like I am still 21 years old, awkward, and trying to act like a grown-up so that others think I am grown up. In reality I have learned and grew a lot in the last 10 years, but I still don't know how to really host company, what is proper and what is not, how to really put on make-up, and a bunch of other things.

I looked in the fridge yesterday. It was exceptionally full due to my parents visit. I bought 2 cream cheeses, and then my mom bought one too. Go figure that when I needed it, I couldn't find it. I realized it was because I had too much. I had more than I needed. It made me think of how many times I couldn't find what I needed all because I really have more than I need. Ironically, when we can't find what we need because we have too much, we usually go out and again buy what we need only adding to what we don't need, and increasing the original problem.

If only I can decrees the stuff I don't need then I will be able to save time and energy so I can enjoy what I do have.



No comments: