Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Save the drama for your mama

My husbands family is going through some drama. SIL is not stepping it up and taking care of her own business as much as she can. My husband was then working on a task that she could have easily done herself in 5 minutes a month or two ago. Husband knew he would be the one to do the task 2-3 weeks ago. Now he calls me today acting like it is an emergency and I need to take care of the task today.
Give me a break. Your drama, you deal with it. My husband has never wanted to hear my opinion on his family drama unless it completely agrees with his own opinion. Or he will fight my opinion to the death with me, and then think about it a few days and then present them to his family as if he had a flash of insight.
So as for this little task...he wants to help...I am not going to stop him. He wants to drag me into, no matter how simple, I am stepping down. I would never drag him into my family drama and ask for favors. When I do vent to him about my family drama, I at least listen to and respect his opinion.

So save the drama fro your mama and don't put off on others what you can easily do yourself.

No comments: