Thursday, November 20, 2008

My favorite store of all time




PCC Natural Markets. They are only in the greater Seattle area, but they should be an example to grocery stores everywhere. They but Whole Foods to shame. Think costco (organic) food prices but without the bulk and with more choices and products. They even have a full vegan refrigerated row with chesses, milk and whatever else you could need.

I knew I was in love when I walked in one day to buy my staples, bought about $15 extra dollars in shampoo and still walked outspending less than my usual trips to other grocery stores.

...and it only got better. I became a member (it is optional) and now once a month I get an additional 5% off and another time I get 10% off everything. The membership was $60 and it is a lifetime membership, unlike Costco where you pay every year.

They only allow the use of plastic bags for produce (which usually are wet from the misting) and the dry goods (like grains, soup mixes, and nuts) but in both cases there are small brown paper bags as an option too.

They have cooking classes for toddlers up to seniors.They support farmland growth and local farms. They carry harder to find meat, like lamb and bison. Every time I try something new from PCC I fall in love all over again.

If you are ever in the greater Seattle area make sure you check out PCC.

No comments: