Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's offical

My mom has cancer in her bones. It took doctors 6 months to figure out what we already thought it was by the power of deduction and reading on the internet. Just one more mark against doctors in the US and another reason I don't trust them. She has been suffering with no name to her pain for almost a full year now.

So after Thanksgiving she starts Chemo and we go from there. As she says the good news is she will finally be loosing that extra 100 lbs she has been carrying around and we will be making a few trips out to California. The doctor that she is working with told her that some blood count number (to tell you have cancer) is the highest he has ever seen, but with a bone marrow transplant and possibly some stem cells she should be okay after they are able to kill off the cancer.

Just when I was happy that this ride called 2008 was going to be over....a ride called 2009 is looking even more challenging.

3 comments:

~M~ said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's diagnosis. My thoughts are with her.

Melissa said...

I'm glad they finally figured it out. I'm sorry that that was the diagnosis. My thoughts are with you guys too!

erin said...

i am sorry to hear that your mom is going through this--and all who love her as well. stay strong.