Wednesday, October 29, 2008

2 adults, 2 kids, 1.5 beds

We had guests over the weekend that were 80 years old. So We gave our guests Zuzu's room so they could be close to the bathroom and minimize the stair climbing.

We have a queen bed and a crib attached to the side. Zuzu would get ready and go to bed first in our bed. Then Gibo would fall asleep and we put him in the crib next to the bed. Then we would sleep like that until Gibo would wake up hungry. Then I put Gibo in my spot, move Zuzu to the crib, then move Gibo over to the middle and nurse him back to sleep. If my husband and I both sleep on our sides or almost on the very edge of the bed we can fit all four of us. The problem becomes Zuzu's tossing and turning and bumping her brother.

So it can be done, and I am sure there are people all over the globe that sleep four people to a bed everynight. I do admit, I love snuggling with both my kids, but Zuzu did miss her room.

Through all of this we started a new routine of putting both kids to sleep at 7:30/8pm so that we could have 2 hours every night to ourselves.

No comments: