Sunday, September 07, 2008

Finally....

I finally got my minivan. (I was supposed to get it before G was born.)

We were going to get the Odyssey but DH is a techy so he wanted some bells and whistles. He fell in love with this model a year ago when we rented one for a week.

We brought home mama's new baby....
A '08 Sienna XLE Limted with Dvd, leather, laser cruise, and bluetooth and some other fancy toys.





If you are bored here is an entertaining story....

We went to one dealer to get Costco pricing. We get their unload the kids and she says....I have the '08 at the other lot, let me get a car you can follow me. (Well at first she wate us to ride with her over...um hello two car seats lady....)
So we get to the other lot and unload the kids again.
"look as this beauty I drove over pre-owned '06 with 39K miles dvd, navigation, laser cruise...the works, only $31xxx."
The cars are all locked and they are all the '09. "I just wanted you to see them for color and feel them" (okay smoke much weed lady??) We tell her what we want, she says "that package doesn't exsist" I told her I just saw it last weekend. About 2-3 more times we tell her what we want and she continues to tell us that doesn't exists. Then she says we should go
She says let's go back, I can talk to my manager, and get some VIN to look up the costco pricing on.
We get back in our car the man & I are like this lady is crazy. We told her what we wanted, she said she had it in stock and all we wanted was a price. Now she is just wasting our time & she wants us to sit for 2 hours to get a price because she has to find the car by talking to her manager, searching the state, & typing in VINs....let's go. DH said let's just go and not say anything...if she asks we will say the kids were done. I told him, no I might be bringing our car their for service so we better just say thanks but no thanks.

Anyway we traveled to another dealer where we knew they had our car in stock & got it for about $1k more than the '06 the crazy lady showed us.

No comments: