Wednesday, June 09, 2010

The challenges

Ironically my husband was lazy most of the weekend. So by Sunday afternoon I was upset about it and trying to minimize my complaining. I had cleaning to do, laundry to fold, and dinner to make. I asked him to help with one and he refused. The next day, "I think you need to rest a lot more." Easy to say, not so easy for him to follow through when I ask for help. Come this weekend if he doesn't follow through I may do the throw it in his face move.

We had an ultrasound follow up. The doctor (at the U/S place) was happy the way everything looked, but my husband I were not so convinced.
The placenta did not continue to grow as rapidly, which is good.
The baby looked healthy and measured one day ahead, good again.
The baby went from the 56 percentile to the 38 percentile, to us this was questionable.

Our first question was, how can a baby measure ahead but then measure smaller than 50%. What does that even mean?? We got no real answer from the doctor. My only guess it...maybe baby needs to fatten up is all, like the weight measurement determines the percentile???

Second question was, How can an almost 20% drop in percentile be a good thing? Her answer was because the ultrasound tends to be more inaccurate the earlier it is done.

Obviously with the placenta issues we are concerned with a 20% drop so we made a follow up appointment.

In other "fun" news I have been paying more attention to my body. I have had some swelling in an area (along with previously mentioned discomfort) that doesn't go away completely at night when I get off my feet. The same spot has been sensitive since being sewn up after the birth of #1, but now it is just a mess. I will talk to my mid-wife, but after online research my first guess is Bartholine Gland Cyst due to location, my second guess is some type of varicose vein. Neither sounds too horrible, but not something I really wanted right now. :)

No comments: